Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Beauty's Foal Filly Nikki


Nikki is wobbly on her legs, but she has been nursing. Nikki has been running in our pasture with her Mom Beauty. She will lay flat out with her Mom standing over her in the pasture. Nikki is 192lbs and 11HH.
We won’t be keeping her though, my Mom is only doing the basics on training like halter breaking, brushing lessons, and picking up her feet. She kicks out when you go down her legs. She is still nursing from her Mom Beauty. She put her head in the water once. I didn’t see the Birth but I am enjoying watching her run with Mom, and drinking milk from her Mom Beauty.
Nikki led with the butt rope and halter, and she also lead all the way down the hill. She is picking up all four feet
Hank’s elbow is healing, so hopefully he will be able to come back doing Eastern Indian Wedding jobs for my Mom’s girlfriend Al Stauble who owns Gentle Giant Carriage Company. Hank has to do a riding Eastern Indian Wedding job on Saturday February 16.
My driving lessons start back in March. I don’t know what horse I will be driving.
Nikki likes to take naps after she has learned a new lesson. She is starting to get her teeth one on the bottom and one on the top.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Nice update Heather! I love the picture of Nikki .. very cute picture!! ;>)